Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sometimes I feel like I am starting all over again for the first time..


Today, was a new day for me in many ways. 
Today I let down some strongholds that have been suffocating my life. 
Today, I forgave a little bit more, and it wasn't easy.
 Today, I had a huge issue with a loved one, and I silently let it go. 
The wonderful thing about forgiveness, and forgiving is that it is not easy, but most certainly worth it. 

Today, I just let it all go.. 

...and guess what I feel a lot of peace. 

Finding peace for me isn't easy amidst washing dishes, washer and dryer always running, food that needs preparing, laundry that needs to be put away, floors that need to be cleaned and the list goes on. Two weeks ago, I started listening to Joyce Meyer every morning no matter what. I like her, she's funny, and she's real and as imperfect as it gets. I appreciate her honesty, and her ability to deliver hope. Some criticize her and I don't care. I feel safe with her delivering God's word to my ears. Point is, I have heard many things this past week that have rung true to my heart and I appreciate ministries like hers in times like mine, because just one word, in the right moment can silence your day. 

I have been in going through a world of emotions lately. Many of them unclear and I don't know where they are coming from. Simply put, I have been grouchy lately and feeling unappreciated. As moms and wives, we all feel this from time to time, if not daily. I often times sink into the habit of having a word or two to say about it, and I know the way I deliver it at times can be disheartening to my family. I want to publicly thank them for loving me and forgiving me despite my faults and failures. 

I love my family with every fiber of my heart. I know that God has placed me here in this moment with them, to sow into their lives, and to love and serve them. 
I often think that one of the highest callings in life, is to be a mother and wife. I am thankful for that! 
I read this quote when I was 18 years old, and it has stayed with me until now and every moment in between and will after I am gone.. and it goes like this:

"I sometimes wake in the early morning and listen to the soft breathing of my children...
and I think to myself,
THIS is one thing I will never regret and I carry that quiet with me all day long"-Unknown

Life in an instant can change, with one word  our day can change, in one simple breath we can be gone.. Today I am new because God's mercy's are new everyday. Can you deny that when you behold your children's faces, and see their eyes smile back at you, or when your husband touches you in the way only he can.. 

Life is gorgeous!


NOW, because I am a health advocate and trainer, I MUST share with you a recipe. 
This blog as I mentioned, will be random and full of different things. My next one I feel is definitely going to be a goal oriented, get your mind right sort of blog but today I had to share God's glory in my life. A fit lifestyle is most certainly one aspect, so a yummy low carb, high protein recipe is needed. Take it or leave it, this is how we eat in my house, and how we take care of the body we use to navigate around this planet, lol!
This recipe comes courtesy of Jamie Eason of Bodybuilding.com, (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-turkey-meatloaf-muffins.htm)
 I DO NOT use the 1 cup quick cooking oats, and I really doubt she does, being as lean as she is. If you are trying to lose weight, lean out, have any inflammatory problems, including IBS, Eczema etc you should not eat grains of any kind. I will explain why soon in one of my up coming blogs, but you do not need grain in your diet, at all, ever. Just skip that step, they taste just fine and mold together fine without the oats.

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
Calories: 80
Fats: 2 grams
Carbs: 4 grams
Protein: 11 grams

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 2 tsp dry yellow mustard
  • 2 tsp black pepper
  • 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
  • 1 small onion (finely chopped)
  • 2 celery stalks (finely chopped)
Directions:
1.     Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.     Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
3.     Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
4.     Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
5.     Bake for 40 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.

Serving Size:
Women: 2 muffins
Men: 4 muffins











No comments:

Post a Comment